When the stomach is upset and people feel sick they find it difficult to participate in daily activities. Making living a chore and uncomfortable. In Chinese Medicine, the stomach is the centre point where we derive energy goodness from food eaten. Therefore, it is important to nourish and support digestion.
If a person feels bloated, has acid reflux, has pain, and/or the stomach is constantly reacting before or after meals, learning how to combine foods can improve digestion.
I encourage you to discover a TCM practitioner in the meantime here are some tips to help.
Tips to aid Digestion
- Chew a Fennel seed before your meal to calm your stomach (pungent)
- Mix half a teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar with a glass of water and drink 10-20 minutes before eating, one to three times a day. This will help the gastric juices to break down food (sour)
- Drink peppermint tea one to three times a day (pungent)
- During your meals sip a cup of green tea to help break down food for better digestion (bitter)
- Rub the stomach between the ribcage and belly button using a fabulous mix of carrier oil and essential oils such as Peppermint, Aniseed, or Fennel. I have this available to send to you.
Have you tried any of these tips? Comment below