Often when stressed, bored and time-poor we reach for food that is not healthy for us. Such as unsavoury foods in the cupboard or shops which upset the metabolism, increase weight, affect hormones, and reduce energy.
However, you can have easily available snack food prepared to Grab n Go.
Often, I ask my clients to set 10-20 minutes aside at the beginning of the week to be ready. This makes life easy to reach for healthy snack foods with nourishing benefits of increased energy with balanced metabolism and hormones.
These Grab n Go items will stay fresh 3-5 days
- Boiled eggs cook 4 at once to save time
- Cut carrots and celery sticks placed in a one serve container ready in the fridge to grab n go
- Fruit – an apple a day keeps the doctor away as they say. Eat a mandarin, some strawberries and there are many more choices, making sure a serve of fruit is no bigger than a handful
- Nuts – are a source of protein, minerals and vitamins including unsaturated fats. A combination of ABC – 5 Almonds, 1 Brazil nut and 3 Cashew nuts eaten at one sitting is a great source of energy. Nuts are ideal soaked overnight to soften which aids the digestion and active calcium and vitamins.
- Seeds – Sesame seeds, pepitas (pumpkin seeds) sunflower seeds are an excellent form of protein and mineral food. All must be chewed well.
Easy Prepared Recipes ready to Grab n Go snacking
- Trail Mix – eat on own or over a salad or vegetables click for recipe
- Chia Pudding – make to keep in the fridge or in serving sizes in the freezer with some fruit and nuts to add tasty variety
- Chocolate Coconut Truffles – do once to last a week in the fridge eating 1-2 at a time
- Peppermint Bliss Balls – always a favourite tasty easy to make and enjoyable snack to Grab n Go
These recipes are available from Charmaine, please email email@example.com to receive